Saturday 21 May 2016

Ciara Admits She's Nervous To Host The Billboard Music Awards Performance.




When Ciara takes the Billboard Music Awards stage on Sunday, it will hardly be her first time, but it will be far different than in the past. This year, she's cohosting the festivities.


"I don't know how nervous I am," the singer, 30, told PEOPLE on Friday. "I'm excited. I've been taking it one day at a time. When I start to think about the actual day, my brain starts to run really fast and then my heart goes really fast. I just go one day at a time and when I get to Sunday, my plan is to be relaxed."

On stage, she always feels her best, despite the jitters. In fact, it was at the Billboard Music Awards in 2005 where Ciara gave one of her best performances. That was also her first billboard  show.

"I performed and I did a medley of songs," the newly engaged singer said. "I did '1,2 Step' and I think I did 'Oh.' I just remember being so nervous. I remember I flew up on some rigs and I had to run down this long T-runway. It was really crazy; crazy, cool, exciting. I was nervous. It was a really awesome experience and an unforgettable one."

On Sunday, there could be way too many unforgettable moments to count, with highly-anticipated performances from Kesha, Britney Spears, Pink, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton and a tribute to Princeby Madonna. 




The show, being held at Las Vegas' newly-opened T-Mobile Arena, is absolutely stacked with talent. Executive Producer Mark Bracco even called the show "an embarrassment of riches."  Somehow, it's Ciara and her cohost Ludacris' job to keep it all flowing.

"You're really setting the tone of the show. It's definitely different because you're threading everything together and constantly in the mix of the show," she said. "Normally you do a performance and then you leave. There's a lot more work to do." 

And, there's always those nerves…

No comments:

Post a Comment